1) It is perfectly acceptable to wear boots and shorts, any time of year. June beach party? Break out those Uggs and coochie cutters. Christmas party? Sure those black tuxedo shorts go with those cute knee high boots. Because your knees never get cold but damn your ankles do.
2) If traffic in other places is like automobile ballet, traffic in SoCal is like a mosh pit.
3) How you got from point A to point B is as interesting as cell division, and the focus of many a conversation.
4) It is legal for a motorcycle to drive in between vehicle lanes. Scared the pee outta of me the first few times and still startles me once in a while.
5) Do NOT insult their craft beer and if you drink a national brand you will be ridiculed behind your back.
6) San Diego bums (not to be confused with HoBo which is an honored title) are creative. They actually put thought into their signs. "I bet you can't hit me with a quarter" and "My wife had a better lawyer" are a few I have personally seen.
That is all I have for now. Guess I just need to stay out here a while longer to find out some other oddities.