Friday, March 30, 2012

Health and Wellness (not for the squeamish)

I couldn't really think of a better title then that since it really sums up the gist of this post. On Tuesday dad had surgery on his hand. Just the right one, it was the worse of the two. He didn't want to be put under and they did a Beir Block. Which is where they just numb the hand using simple anesthesia and tourniquets. They were in and out in a matter of hours. 
This is my fathers hand before surgery. That is fully open. He had put off correcting it for a long time and since he was being stubborn they determined it was to far along to be treated with just injections (they are going this route with the left hand) and needed to be surgically corrected.
Surgery went wonderfully and this is a pic of his hand 3 days after surgery.
 


 Dad is now doing wonderfully. From what I hear he is tormenting mom daily LOL, At least they have 5 acres to run around. 







On another note I found a new yoga lady to go to. Its called Dang Good Yoga and wow! I was a little apprehensive at first because I found her on Meetup.com (which is one of my new favorite sites) Last Sunday she had a Ultimate Beginners class that I went to. I was the only person who showed up =( But that just proved to me how awesome this lady is. She held the class just for me =) And actually listened to me and tailored everything around my issues and taught me how everyone else would do a position then would go back and help me find a way that would work just as well for my body. That REALLY meant a lot. I will be going on Wednesdays after work from now on. =) 

No comments:

Post a Comment